skip to main content
Reset Contrast High Contrast | A-Z Site Map

Hartland Consolidated Schools


Q. What happens when the balance in my child’s account is low?
A. When an active account is less than $10.00 you will receive an automated courtesy call (K - 6 only) letting you know your child's balance.

Q. Can the money put into my child’s account be used for other food items than lunch?
A. Yes. The money you deposit can be used for all food service purchases. If you want restrictions on your child's lunch account just let us know at 810-626-2868.

Q. When money is put into my child’s account, how do I know what is being purchased? Lunch? A la Carte? Milk?
A. You can sign up to see your child's account on line by sending an e-mail to:, in the subject line type (pin and password), in the body list your children's names, the schools they attend and their grades. You will receive a response to your e-mail with your pin and password. This can take up to 3 weeks. Upon request, we will send you an itemized list of everything that was purchased from your child’s account.

Q. What if my child’s card is lost?
A. Elementary & intermediate school lunch cards are stored in the cafeteria by food service staff. Secondary school students are responsible for their lunch card which is also their student ID. Staff can look up accounts by name if a card is lost, secondary students can enter their student ID number on the key pad at the register to access their account.

Q. What happens to the money that is left in my child’s account at the end of the school year?
A. Any balance positive or negative at end of school year stays in your child’s account and will follow them to the next grade.

Q. What happens if a child leaves the district?
A. You will be refunded any balance in your child’s account please call (810) 626-2868 to request a refund.

Q. If my child wishes to deposit money into his/her account, HOW, WHEN and WHERE can this be done?
A.  At the elementary level write your child's name, account, and teachers name on an envelope and have them put the envelope into the large blue box labeled "(School Name) Lunches" etc. located near the office. Secondary should bring their deposit with them to the cashier. Deposits may be made any day.

Q. Who should checks be made payable to?
A. All checks should be made payable to: HARTLAND FOOD SERVICE.

Q. Who can I contact for further information regarding, refunds, account requests, statements, or special dietary needs.
A. You can call Food Service at 626-2868 or 626-2867 and ask for Lisa Archey


When sending in deposits for your child’s lunch and nutritional snacks, be sure to put the money in an envelope. Put your child’s name and account number on the envelope and seal it. This is very important. We want to be sure that the money will be deposited into the proper account.

The account number you are using for the debit card system is your child's student number.  This number will be the same for your child from kindergarten through the 12th grade in Hartland Schools.

Please keep this number in a safe place.  If you misplace the number, you may get it from the office of the building where your child attends classes or you may call the food service office at (810) 626-2868.
Back to top