skip to main content
Reset Contrast High Contrast | A-Z Site Map

Hartland Consolidated Schools

Hartland Consolidated School District Policies

What services do you offer if I need daycare from a neighbor or relative?
We will accommodate pickups or drop-offs at locations other than your home as long as its five days a week at the same location and it’s within your child’s elementary attendance area. It can be mornings, evenings, or both.  Example; pick up at home, drop at Grandmas, pick up at daycare and drop at home, pick up and drop at daycare/latchkey. To utilize this service, you must fill out an Alternate Destination Form for each child.  These forms must be submitted each year by July 1st or you may have to wait while route changes are made to accommodate your request.

Can my student ride home with a friend on a different bus?
No, we do not allow bus passes for any reason.  We will allow a student to get off at a different stop on the same bus route provided the parent contacts the transportation office before the buses leave the school. In this case the office will radio the driver and give this approval. We do not accept notes or communications from the students.

When will I get information about my student’s bus route or times?
Each summer all the routes are rebuilt to accommodate new students and increase efficiency. You will receive a postcard in the mail approximately one week before the start of school that will give you the pickup/drop-off times and stop locations, and bus number. We assume each student will be picked up and dropped-off at their home unless we have approved an alternate destination form for each child.   Please refer to the "Forms" section, at the left.  The appropriate form can be downloaded for your use.

Why can’t my student eat or drink on the bus?
We do not allow students to eat or drink on the bus for two very important reasons. First we have many students that have severe food allergies and could have a bad reaction while on the bus. Students may also choke on food or drinks and the driver cannot monitor this activity while driving.  If food or drink is spilled on the bus it can lead to slippery floors and unsanitary conditions.

What if my student misses the bus?
The best thing to do is to take them to school in your personal vehicle. If you cannot transport them, you must contact the transportation office (810-626-2175) to see if it’s possible to go to another stop on the same route. Please do not just take the student to the next stop without contacting the office as this is very dangerous because the driver will not be watching for your student.

What are your rules for back packs, musical instruments or athletic equipment?
The student must put these items on the lap while on the bus. Please see the Student Code of Conduct for a list of specific items that will not be allowed.

What are the Hartland Transportation Guidelines for service and who sets them?
The Hartland Consolidated School Board determines the level of service to be provided; it has adopted the following guidelines:
  • Students may be required to walk up to ½ mile to school or the bus stop.
  • Student ride time may be up to 90 minutes on the bus.
  • High School & Ore Creek Middle School students may be required to ride a transfer bus to Ore Creek to arrive at their final destination.
Back to top