Please be sure to:
- Tune your radio to WHMI in Howell 93.5 FM. They are the first to be notified and will provide the most current information. If you have a radio alarm, put it on this station, even on days when you don't expect that school may be closed, You may receive a surprise, such as a power problem at school.
- Understand that Cancellations may occur at the last minute.
- Make arrangements ahead of time with a friend, a neighbor or an older child in the neighborhood to care for your children if school is cancelled. Make sure your children are a ware of where to go and what to do in case of early release.
- Be sure your children have access to a house key if they will need to return to your home to use the telephone or wait for the sitter.
- Contact your daycare/latchkey facility to find out what their procedures are on these days.
- If dropping your child off at school, wait to see if they are able to gain access to the building.
- Make sure the numbers on your emergency card are current. We will use them if necessary during these emergencies.